Tuesday 15 March 2011

What did you get up to at the weekend?

I know, I know... the weekend has well and truly been and gone! It's Wednesday tomorrow, halfway through the week and I'm already ready for next weekend!

Harvey is away on a sailing course, doing his day skipper practical in Minorca, so although I'll really miss him, I do love the occasional weekend when I'm on my own.

And as he comes back on the following Friday, like ships in the night we'll miss each other, as I'll be at the GoGoGetaway!

So I went to my local crop last Saturday and it didn't take me long for me to be persuaded into buying these BoBunny papers... and although I'd taken loads of stash, very little even came of of my box, let alone made it onto a layout!



I gutted the central area of the frame and mounted my photo behind the paper. I used washi tape as a striped detail (never really got my head round that stuff, but I'm really pleased with the results when used in a strip) and I threaded beads onto wire to add to the striped detail.



I finished the layout by clustering around the photo, and included a gem type button that I recently cut-off a cardigan! It was too good to throw away!



I managed to start a second layout, but didn't get very far. My youngest step-daughter Nina has been coming with me to crops recently and I'm conscious when she's struggling with a layout and may need guidance, so my productivity has taken a nose dive! Still I wouldn't change it for the world xxx


I did a bit of distressing on some of the papers and included a mirrored bird by Heidi Swapp that Nina found in my spare stash. I felt a tad guilty as I'm sure she was after it for herself... I told her that she was wonderful for finding it and that I'd been hunting for it for ages!

I shouldn't feel too bad should I?





1 comment:

Jackie xxx said...

So glad you managed the 2nd layout, especially after all that talking, laughing and games on our ipad/iphones - LOL

I can fill a scrap lift coming on with the 1st one.

C U next weekend. xxx