Sunday 16 June 2013

Guest blogger for Shimelle

Firstly, and totally none related to scrapbooking, I want to wish my Dad and all the Dad's in the world a wonderful Fathers Day... Enjoy, relax and be merry xxx

Anyway, back to the post! A while back the lovely Shimelle asked me to guest post for her, taking part in a sketch challenge...

Now I'm a big fan of using a sketch as a starting point, especially when you've only got a small window of opportunity to get crafty.



So upon seeing this sketch, apart from the obvious two photo's (and as primarily a single photo scrapbooker, I was a bit apprehensive!) it was the panelled background of diving the page into quarters that I really noticed! I never really gave any thought as to what Shimelle's page would look like, so to see it in all it's glory this morning was great!


What's so nice about this wonderful hobby is how we all interpret things...


As you can see I opted for distressing a single page to reveal the paper behind. Having seen how lovely Shimelle's layout looks with this panelling, I may well use this sketch again!


Having recently purchased a Silhouette Cameo (actually Santa bought it!) I've been discovering a new found love of cutting machines...

I'm big into cutting my title, keeping the positive and negative pieces and then sticking them back together again to create a flat title that forms part of the background.

I've used this technique in numerous layouts including these...



I really like it, until that is I get bored of it!

2 comments:

Jackie xxx said...

Love your take on Shimelle sketch, and that you are using your Cameo, you won't get bored, because of the different mediums you can cut with.

Sheena said...

Stunning take on the sketch Sam x