I haven't joined in with 10 things on the 10th in a while, so after a few minutes pondering what my 10 things could be, I wondered if I could focus on hobbies, past and present...
At the moment I'm big into crochet, of course it goes without saying that scrapbooking is still my 'thing' but crochet has really got under my skin... And along with a bit of teaching from my Mum, my friend and fellow DT scrapbooker Sheena is largely to blame for this new found addiction!
Initially, I assumed that I wouldn't have participated in anything like 10 hobbies, but when I put pen to paper, I had more than enough to fill 10!
1. Crochet... basic flowers, certainly not at this standard (yet anyway)... Sheena where are you?
2. Knitting, scarves are my limit.... the whole dropping stitches doobery really gets to me, so been there, worn the scarf, the end of my knitting career!
3. Scrapbooking... need I say more?
4. Embroidery... this would have been my preferred specialist subject at Uni, but my Mum guided me into print, as this "was a more commercially viable route!"
5. Card making.... will make, not a total fan!
6. Jewellery... again not really got under my skin. However Olivia (my eldest step-daughter) really has got the bug and currently has a side line of making jewellery charms which are sold across the UK - go girlie xxx
7. Painting... I find it so therapeutic but slightly frustrating as the end result can be a long time coming. However I adore art and am an avid collector of Caroline Shotton!
8. Weave... again a favourite of mine at Uni but not commercially viable... ok Mum I get the picture!
9. Pottery... god it's hard to do, gave that up for a tube of smarties!
10. Stained glass.... totally love creating pieces, especially copper foil panels. Think Olivia has most of our supplies currently, so I guess we won't see them in a hurry!
Enjoy your 10th of the month and belated Happy Birthday Shimelle xxx