Tuesday 15 July 2014

I've had a secret...

I've been keeping a secret for a few days now.

It's been really hard, I've been dying to spill the beans and I've even avoided texting or talking to my closest friends!


But thank goodness, today's the day when I can reveal my secret! I must add at this point there is no baby Ball on the way!

I applied to be on the Creative Team for Hey Little Magpie, the new trading name of the wonderful online scrapbooking store, formerly known as Sarah's Cards, and guess what, I've only gone and got on their team!

Along with 15 other ladies, we shall be creating with the very latest scrapbooking stash - how totally amazing does this sound?

And it gets better, because tonight I've discovered that some of my nearest and dearest buds are joining me on this team - Sheena, Jackie and Julie. Writing this post reminds me that Jackie was the first person I met on my first ever retreat and we have been great mates ever since! Neither of us knew anyone, we were retreating 'solo' so to speak and plucked up the courage to talk to one another - and the rest they say is history!

I submitted a series of five layouts…

The first two illustrate my love of my silhouette cameo - it tends to sit on the end of my desk until I get the urge to use it, then I go mad and use it on layout after layout!



I'm very into scripty phrases, but keeping the positive and negative of the cut, inking or painting the edges of the cut then simply re-inserting the cut phrase to create a seamless look.



I do like intricate cutting and boy does this illustrate my love of it! I've intricate cut so much before I end up with cramp in my fingers - not a great look, nor without a certain amount of discomfort - no pain, no gain!



I'm quite into grid formation layouts at the moment, especially when softened with 'paintily' effects or mists!



Lastly, I love colour co-ordinated layouts where the papers and photo complement each other meticulously - this is one such layout of pinks and beiges...




So there, the secret is out!

3 comments:

Jackie xxx said...

Yeah!!! it proves that we can both keep a secret - lol x Congratulations and looking forward to being part of the CT team alongside you xx.

Sharon said...

Sam, your layouts are so fabulous - many congratulations on getting on the design team - see you at the Getaway in October! xx

ForgedinPaper said...

Well done. I'm looking forward to seeing the team in action. :-)